Users incomplete

Aug 2, 2016 at 2:44 PM
Hi,
When I run the scan on my AD server, under "Group and Users" I see all groups and members but under "Group and Users/Users" (where detailed information about each user is) the scan only gets a few users (about 20 out of 250.... OS is Windows Server 2008, I am running the tool under the admin account.... I've never had this issue before but in this environment/company for some reason there is something blocking or something in the configuration that prevents Winaudit to collect informatin from all users.... Also tried different winaudit versions...

Can't identify a pattern on the users showed in the results...

Any idea? there must be something I am missing but not sure what that could be.
Thanks!
Coordinator
Aug 2, 2016 at 3:44 PM
Hi ccarog,

Sounds like the user enumeration (https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/aa370610(v=vs.85).aspx) started then aborted. WinAudit can create a log, on the menu select Help-> Start Logging. Run the audit, then click on the "Log" tab. Search for the message "Start Category 'Groups and Users'". Subsequent messages might show errors or warnings. Look out for the typical return codes shown in the link above for NetQueryDisplayInformation. If its too obtuse to fathom, send it to me at w i n a u d i t AT p a r m a v e x . c o . u k, it does not have any personal info.

oldbury
Aug 3, 2016 at 3:48 PM
Thanks for the feedback oldbury. I sent you an email with my log (not clear where the issue is). I'd appreciate your help.
Thanks again
ccarog