Is there a way to get the "Drive free space" without using the "d" option?

Jun 22, 2016 at 6:08 AM
Hi,

I have a fairly basic command line, that I am looking to add to the login scripts here. I can see that Winaudit is very powerful, and have only included a few switches to track hardware only. The problem I have is, we use 5 mapped network drives. I don't really want to have the mapped drives free space showing in every log generated, but would dearly love to have the local drives free space listed.
@Echo Off
Echo off

Echo Collecting PC asset data.  
Net use s: \\servername\common\audits\winaudit /persistent:NO
s:
winaudit.exe /r=gDiad /f=s:\data\%computername%.html /l=s:\log.txt
del /f /q s:\log.txt
net use s: /delete /YES
As you can see, I deleted the log file after creating it, as I don't really need it. For some reason, without the log file being written, the command seemed to ignore my "/r=gDiad" and just fill it with all the defaults.

Thanks in advance.
Coordinator
Jun 28, 2016 at 2:11 PM
Hi DarthKegRaider,

WinAudit is a relatively simple tool so customising the output is fairly limited. Mapped drives are identifiable in the report as those are marked as "Network Drive" in the "Drive Type" field. Is that not sufficient for your purposes?

The behaviour you describe concerning the log file is unexpected. The output should still be generated based on the /r switch without having to resort to creating a log file. Your command works as expected with and without the /l switch when tested here on a mapped drive. Also the default is no data output rather than everything if the command could not be parsed. I'm at bit of a loss; the report shows the local time in the System Overview section, can you verify that is the time you expect to see, i.e. you are not looking at html output that wasn't overwritten.

oldbury
Aug 1, 2016 at 3:17 AM
Hi oldbury,

I think you may have been correct with the log file part, as I have since tested with the /l=s:\log.txt part omitted, and it writes my options fine. I have also removed the Drives option, since it was more of a house keeping wish than a need. I can use SCCM to scrape the extra data. Thanks for you program, and pointers.

DarthKegRaider.