Issues with MS SQL Export

Nov 12, 2015 at 9:30 AM
I'm not able to export to an SQL server database. According to the documentation the database will be created automatically if it does not exist. I tried to run the WinAudit as administrator and I selected on the SQL Server Login dialog "use trusted connection". But it always fails. The same user is in the SQL Server Administrator group and has permission to create databases/tables and so on.

If I try to create an empty database in the SQL Server Management Studio, I'll get the error that certain objects don't exist like the view "v_Audit_Data_Empty".

So my question is, how can I create the database or what should I configure that WinAudit will create the database for me?
Coordinator
Nov 12, 2015 at 3:36 PM
Edited Nov 12, 2015 at 4:11 PM
Hi Again,

Thanks for reading the docs! I guess, "automatic" is a bit misleading. You still have to click a few buttons etc. Step by step here we go:
  1. Undo anything you did SQL Server Management Studio, i.e. DROP the database
  2. Start WinAudit, on the menu do Help -> Start Logging
  3. File -> Database Export
  4. In the new window, select "Microsoft SQL Server"
  5. In the text field just below, enter a database name, e.g. WinAuditDB
  6. Click the "Administration" button
  7. In the new Window, check "Unicode" and "GRANT PUBLIC"
  8. Click the "Create" button"
  9. SQL Server will prompt you for your server and database credentials, enter those then click "OK"
The database should be created. If anything goes wrong, send me the log (w i n a u d i t @ p a r m a v e x . c o . u k), it does not have any personal/private info.

oldbury
Nov 13, 2015 at 5:53 AM
Thank you for the quick response. Some how I missed the "Administration" button.
By following your step-by-step description I was able to create the database and export the data.

Thanks again!
BTW: I created an issue last week here on codeplex. WinAudit detects the wrong OS version on Windows 10.
Coordinator
Nov 13, 2015 at 8:36 AM
Edited Nov 13, 2015 at 8:37 AM
Hi skuami,

I replied to your message about Windows 10, but I can't even find the issue now. I'm pretty sure I wasn't dreaming. Anyway, please go to the documentation page https://winaudit.codeplex.com/documentation, near the top there is a link to download the latest version v3.0.25.2. That should fix it. Any problems, let me know.

oldbury
Nov 13, 2015 at 9:20 AM
Hi oldbury

Perfect!
Thank you so much. I really appreciate your effort on this open source project.